Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A grand outing to Yorkshire Sculpture Park, part 1

I'll give our Anthony this; he knows how to give a dog a good walk around a sculpture park.
Loads of time for snuffling in leaves, jumping up and down on walls to see over them, running madly round in circles, trekking up and down hills - I could hardly keep up wi' him.


Hanging Tree, Andy Goldsworthy
 You should have seen him wobbling on the wall above the Andy Goldsworthy "hanging trees", which were sort of odd and slightly disturbing to your average whippet.

Up at the top of the hill was the "basket" - Nel thought it was like a prison, but Anthony liked it better. The view through the mesh was amazing


Basket #7 Winter/Horbelt




Nel loved the Anthony Gormley One & Other - he looked a bit sad an lonely up there if you ask me, just keeping watch out over the lake all the day, or waiting for someone, or something.


Anyway, off to chase some rabbits to shake it off - seemed like a good idea at the time 'til I got up close. Not like any rabbit I've ever seen. Didnt look like it was going to scarper off down a hole either. I gave it a good barking at, even so.



Sophie Ryder
 It was about this time that we got one of those great emails through on the phone from a lovely french lady just saying "my client would like an Edna cabinet, in blue". I do think that if our Anthony could have wagged his tail, he would have done.

Right, theres loads more to tell you about the amazing Jaume Plensa stuff that we actually went to see, but I can hear the pitter patter of tiny needle sharp claws clad in deceptively soft grey fluff heading for my tartan blanket. A dog needs to get his priorities straight in times like this, and a toss up between contemporary scuplture or chasing the evil feline is a complete no brainer...





1 comment:

  1. Hi Wayne, nice to hear how things are in your bit of the world. And you've been to one of my favourite places in the world - notwithstanding where I live now - so thanks for getting these photos uploaded.
    Look forward to hearing more of things from your perspective - I can hear your voice perfectly through the computer screen!
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete